Apple enthusiasts and tech aficionados have eagerly awaited iOS 17 since its initial preview at the WWDC in June. Currently in beta testing mode and accessible to developers and public beta testers, iOS 17 is soon to be available to everyone.
In an official announcement during an iPhone press release, Apple revealed that iOS 17 will be launched as a free software update on Monday, September 18, 2023.
iOS 17 introduces a slew of new features and enhancements, spanning various aspects of the user experience, including Phone, FaceTime, and Messages, as well as improvements to other applications.
Starting September 18, users will gain access to all the exciting features and upgrades that iOS 17 brings to the table.
Notable Features and Upgrades in iOS 17:
- Customized Contact Posters: With iOS 17, users can personalize contact posters by selecting photos, Memojis, fonts, font colors, and more. These customized posters can be seen when calling a person, and this feature extends not only to the Phone app but also to third-party apps.
- Live Voicemail: This innovative feature displays message transcriptions on the Lock Screen in real-time as the sender speaks. Users can read the voicemail content on the Lock Screen and decide whether to answer the call or not. Calls flagged as spam by carriers will be automatically declined and won’t appear as Live Voicemails.
- NameDrop: A feature integrated into AirDrop, NameDrop allows users to exchange contact information by simply bringing their iPhone near another iPhone. This convenient feature is also compatible with the Apple Watch.
- FaceTime Enhancements: In case you miss a FaceTime call, the other party can leave a video recording or an audio message. Additionally, iOS 17 allows you to link your iPhone or iPad to the Apple TV 4K for FaceTime on the big screen, complete with Center Stage framing and other FaceTime functionalities, such as Handoff for seamless call transfers between iOS devices and the TV.
- Message App Revamp: The Message app receives a sleeker interface in this update. Users can access apps, photos, and the camera directly from the “+” button next to the compose bar.
- StandBy Feature: A noteworthy addition is StandBy, a full-screen view designed for at-a-glance information when your iPhone is charging on its side. It offers a convenient way to check notifications and other data from a distance.
These are just a few highlights of what iOS 17 has in store. All these exciting features and more will become available to the general public after the release of iOS 17. In the meantime, if you’re curious, you can explore the beta version of iOS 17.